The Center for Population and Health was established in 1999 at Georgetown University. The Center has five primary goals:
- Strengthen and encourage research among faculty and students who do population-related work.
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration on campus.
- Create a sustainable "demographic presence" at Georgetown for training both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Promote activities that offer service and contribute to the well-being of the DC community.
- Position Georgetown as a leader in the demographic professional community.